1) My car. We live quite rural, my husband is away a lot and needs his car and Sunny and I have a lot of appointments to drive to. If I had to rely on public transport I would be completely lost and I would not be able to do many of the things that we do. Having my own car is an essential and important part of my life and how we help Sunny to thrive. Therefore, I am so glad that we can afford that.
2) That my family does not live too far away to visit them every two or three months at the latest. It is too far away to pay them a short visit without staying over night but I am glad that they do not live at the other end of the county. It would make visiting them much more expensive, much more of a hassle and it would make for fewer get-togethers.
3) I am thankful for the services our health and insurance system offers for SN kids like my son. While there is always something that could be improved there really is not much reason to complain compared to other countries. Since I read blogs from all over the world I came to realise that we are really lucky.
5) I am thankful that I have several blankets that I can use for various temperatures. Tonight it was quite cool in our rooms so I added an extra blanket and was warm and cosy. Others might not be so lucky because they cannot afford more than one blanket and I realise this is something I have to be thankful for.
6) I am still in love with this song from the 80's: Is This Love? by Whitesnake. It was really 'poser rock' (at least this is what we call it here) and seeing the video makes me grin because they try so hard to be cool yet romantic yet mysterious yet rock stars at the same time. I also love that the whole band has the same hairdo as the girl dancing in the video. Hilarious! And don't get me started on all the fans used for this video. But that song? Still one of my favourites!
7) I am glad and thankful that Sunny was rarely sick all winter and spring (*knock on wood*). He used to be sick very often in the last years and it seems that his health and his immune system have improved and gotten more resistant. But I will not say this out loud; I am a bit superstitious when it comes to that. So please do not read this loudly but only in your heads ;-)
8) I am thankful for TV and the cinema. There is nothing that distracts me better if I need to relax and not think too much.
9) The rain because it is so cosy to stay at home when it rains outside and we would not acknowledge the sun that much when it comes out again after a downpour.
10) That I finally finished our annual tax declaration this week!! This is a major task each year because it is so complicated and I tend to procrastinate it as long as possible. However, it was already due one month ago (ugh) and this week I finally did it! Yaaay! That makes me so happy because it is such a burden taken off of my shoulder! All I have to do now is print out all the stuff and send it away next week.
10+1) Since I wrote my FTSF post this week about July 4, 2012 I haven't stoppped thinking about it. Writing about it stirred up so many positive and good emotions. I am thankful that I got to experience the joy and happiness of the kids that day and I am thankful I was reminded of that day again due to my blogging community.
PS: I am away for the weekend. I will try to link up this post (which is scheduled) and I will also publish comments as soon as I can but I might not be able to get back to you until next week.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall,Bringing the Sunshine, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, Steps into Parenthood, The Wakefield Doctrine